Property Claims Examiner
POSITION Property Claims Examiner
DESCRIPTION The Property Claims Examiners will be responsible to execute best practice claims service standards while communicating with policyholders, customer agents, IA’s or RVCS-CEI field adjusters, building contractors, engineers, public adjusters and attorneys to successfully investigate, evaluate and negotiate property damage claims involving residential or commercial party insureds. The Property Claims Examiner will be directly responsible for reviewing and verifying coverage through their timely review and evaluation of the property claim’s policy forms/endorsements and providing instruction to independent/field adjusters and coverage/defense counsel. It will be the Property Claims Examiner’s ultimate responsibility to thoroughly adjust, negotiate and settle both commercial and residential property claims. Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintain/monitor diary of claim files by collecting, organizing and documenting all relevant information to ensure all files are handled and touched on a regular basis.
- Apply, review and verify coverage, draft reports for large losses as well as any claims that exceed assigned authority, settle covered claims timely, identify any liable third party, pursue and oversee subrogation process accordingly.
- Instruct IA’s, vendors, experts and underwriters and provide adjusters with direction for claim handling.
- Evaluate Property Claim Loss Notice, Policy and Adjuster Reports.
- Monitor reserves as well as timely payments to policyholders and vendors to meet expected company billing goals.
- Complete and send Proofs of Loss disclaimers, denial letters, withdraws, etc. to insured.
- Provide exceptional customer service support to Underwriters, agents/brokers and policyholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Although infrequent, travel for education purposes.
- A High School Diploma or equivalency and State Adjuster Licensing is required where appropriate. Bachelor’s degree and/or AIC/SCLA designations are preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in handling property claims with a P&C/E&S carrier, TPA or independent adjustment services firm.
- Knowledge and understanding of insurance principles, guidelines, best practice standards, and claims management process with strong time management and organizational skills.
- Experience with Lloyd’s of London claims required.
- Strong ability to negotiate and investigate claims.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to manage time and workload with strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service along with strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to grow strong relationships with Clients and colleagues.
- Goal orientated and achieve targets with minimal supervision from senior management
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with the ability to work with multi-faceted systems.
LOCATION Virginia & Nationwide – Remote Candidates May Apply
EOE STATEMENT RVCS-CEI is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. RVCS-CEI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Property Claims Supervisor- Roanoke
Roanoke Valley Claims Service (RVCS) is a National Independent Adjusting Firm with corporate offices in the beautiful Appalachian and Blue Ridge mountains of Roanoke Virginia. RVCS is currently handling claim assignments is 26 states and growing. Due to this growth we are looking for a Property Claims Supervisor to grow with us.
The Property Claims Supervisor will oversee the day to day claims operation of their direct reports for Roanoke Valley Claims Service (RVCS) and ensure a quality work product for our clients. This will include oversight of the adjusting staff, file monitoring, technical training, employee development and ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures. The best candidate will be dedicated to the success and growth of RVCS while ensuring a superior work product for our clients.
This position reports to the Claims Manager.
This position will be located in the RVCS corporate office in Roanoke Virginia
The duties listed below include but are not limited to:
- -Provide direction, leadership and technical assistance to Adjusting staff
- -Provide direction and leadership to administrative staff
- -Manage day to day operations including, scheduling, file monitoring, workflow and budgets
- -Assist in employee retention/hiring
- -Ensure all RVCS work product is in compliance with client and RVCS service requirements
- -Regular employee training
- -Maintain the strong relationships with current client and market to potential clients
- -Ability to travel overnight (seldom required)
- -All other duties as assigned by RVCS
Skills and Experience:
- Experience – Must have a minimum of 10 years of MULTI-LINE claims handling experience and a minimum of 3 years management/supervisory experience. Experience with Trucking, Heavy Equipment and Cargo losses is a PLUS
- Skills – Must have superb organizational and communication skills, must be adaptable and able to work in a very dynamic environment, must be able to successfully work with multiple styles and personalities.
- Must be patience and easy to work with during stressful situations
RVCS Benefits Include:
*: 401K PLan with elective Company match
* Major Medical Plan
* Dental Plan
* Vision Plan
* 2 weeks paid vacation
For the right candidate RVCS will reimburse up to $5000 in documented moving expenses.
For the selected candidate A, sign on bonus of $5000.00 will be paid after the first full year of employment.
Resident Property and Casualty - Williamsburg
Roanoke Valley Claims (RVCS), a Super Regional Adjusting Firm, is looking for motivated Resident Property and Casualty Field Adjusters to handle claims from Williamsburg VA on a 1099 basis. RVCS has a large client base of National, Regional and Domestic insurance carriers in addition to Self Insureds and Municipal Entities.
Qualified Candidates Must:
- Have a valid Driver’s License
- Have at Least 5 years Adjusting Experience (preferably more) handling a wide range of large and small residential and commercial losses.
- Take pride in their work
- Be VERY Customer Service focused
- Be able to turn the work around quickly and accurately
- Provide a very high quality work product
- Be able to generate accurate estimates utilizing Xactimate.
- Be able to generate accurate estimates utilizing Symbility or have the desire and ability to learn the Symbility Estimating system
- Have a working knowledge of computers and the ability to upload reports and documents to the main office and/or to the client via our claims management system…File Trac.
RVCS will provide training on Xactimate and File Trac as needed.
RVCS also has a large client base of Trucking Carriers and Self Insured Trucking companies. The ability to handle Cargo Losses, be available for After Hours response to accidents and the capability to write Heavy Equipment Physical Damage Appraisals is a PLUS.
RVCS has no Holdbacks and pays you on a bi-weekly schedule, when the claim is completed, regardless of when or if we get paid. This position is commission only.